Reporting to the Head of the Middle School, we are interviewing now for an ELA Teacher for Seventh and Eighth Grades for the next academic year.
Neighborhood House combines rigorous and engaging academics with extensive social/emotional programming to help all children succeed. We strive to develop scholars who embrace effort, seek knowledge, act thoughtfully, and commit to the common good. Many children come to us with significant challenges. We don’t give up on them. Our goal is that all of our students thrive at Neighborhood House, graduate from high school, and pursue post-secondary education on the path to life success. We hire teachers who reflect these values and we welcome those who mirror the diversity of our student body.
In addition to a Bachelor’s Degree and at least one year of classroom teaching experience, we require the following strengths:
- Multiple skills/talents (i.e. dual major, passion for music as well as for English);
- Ability to create a beginning, middle and end to the school day;
- Ability to facilitate as well as to learn;
- Ability to work well with parents to achieve common objectives;
- Experience as a team builder, but having the ability to work independently as well;
- Ability to assess students in multiple ways;
- Ability to create respect and awareness of societal roles in the classroom
Neighborhood House Charter School is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.