I. JOB OVERVIEW
Under the supervision of the Director of the NHCS After School Program, s/he will be an instructor to the After-School participants, providing rich and structured programming while holding students to high expectations under their supervision. The best candidate will be adept at organizing structured sports and cooperative game activities for children aged 4-12.
II. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create and execute quality programming
- Provide positive role modeling for the students.
- Design, participate in, and assist in activities.
- Communicate effectively with parents.
- Assist with the set up and clean up efforts.
- Assist in carrying out established roles in enforcing safety regulations.
- Perform other functions as assigned.
III. QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Experience working with pre-K and Kindergarten, 1st- 3rd and or 4th- 8th grade students
- Tight classroom management skills
- Enthusiastic to work with diverse, urban youth, while providing a rich and structured environment for work and play
- A team player that can also work independently successfully
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Education/training background a plus