I. JOB OVERVIEW
Under the supervision of the Director of the NHCS After School Program, the applicant will provide artful experiences to NHCS after-school participants. Potential candidates will have experience working with youth from elementary through middle school and adept at creating and implementing quality arts programming while holding students to high expectations in both their work and play. Experience teaching a variety of media a plus.
II. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create and execute quality programming
- Provide positive role modeling for the students.
- Design, participate in, and assist in activities.
- Communicate effectively with Director, parents and colleagues.
- Assist with the set up and clean up efforts.
- Assist in carrying out established roles in enforcing safety regulations.
- Monitor/assist with homework responsibilities
- Perform other functions as assigned.
III. QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Experience working with pre-K and Kindergarten, 1st- 3rd and or 4th- 8th grade students.
- Enthusiastic to work with diverse, urban youth, while providing a rich and structured environment for work and play
- A team player that can also work independently successfully
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Education background a plus