After School Visual Arts Group Leader – Part-time
Neighborhood House Charter School, a pre-K through Grade 8 public charter school in Dorchester, has an immediate need for an after school visual arts group leader. Under the supervision of the Director of the NHCS After School Program, the group leader will provide artful experiences to NHCS after school participants. Potential candidates will have experience working with elementary through middle school- aged children and be adept at creating and implementing quality arts programming while holding students to high expectations in both their work and play. Responsibilities include the following: create and execute quality programming; provide positive role modeling for students; design, participate in and assist in activities; communicate effectively with Director, parents and colleagues; assist with setup and cleanup and in carrying out established roles in enforcing safety regulations; monitor/assist with homework responsibilities and perform other functions as assigned. Experience in teaching a variety of media a plus. In addition, we require the following from all of our staff:
- A passionate commitment to urban education;
- Belief that every child can be successful, no matter what their background;
- Belief that education and hard work are the keys to life success;
- Belief in two messages, simultaneously, in balance: “We love you” and “We have the highest expectations of you – and you can and will meet them”;
- Belief that the best learning happens through experiences that are both rich and structured;
- Belief that problems are hurdles, not roadblocks, and that there is a solution if a student is willing to work harder, smarter, and more creatively;
- Belief that teachers must learn and influence social emotional strengths of all children in and out of the classroom;
- Desire to continually reflect and grow as an educator through professional development, peer feedback, and observation;
- Belief in a school community where students, families, teachers and school leaders demonstrate accountability, flexibility, humor, effort, responsibility, respect and hope.
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Neighborhood House Charter School is an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to provide equal opportunity for all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, age, disability, marital status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. Further, any form of discrimination or harassment related to these factors is expressly prohibited.