Neighborhood House Charter School has an immediate need for an ESL Teacher to join our staff for the upcoming school year. This is a full-time position, reporting to the Literacy Coach/ESL Director, and participating as an active member of the Student Support Team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Provide a combination of push-in and pull-out services to English Language Learners, primarily in Grades K through 4.
Advise teachers on modifying/accommodating curriculum for ELL’s;
Manage the ESL Program including document management, teacher training, student testing and screening, and adherence to Department of Education compliance requests;
Communicate regularly with parents and staff regarding student progress;
Work with Literacy Coach/ESL Director and other members of the school staff to develop and improve ESL programming; and
Other related responsibilities as needed.
In addition, we require the following from all of our staff:
- A passionate commitment to urban education;
- Belief that every child can be successful, no matter what their background;
- Belief that education and hard work are the keys to life success;
- Belief in two messages, simultaneously, in balance: “We love you” and “We have the highest expectations of you – and you can and will meet them”;
- Belief that the best learning happens through experiences that are both rich and structured;
- Belief that problems are hurdles, not roadblocks, and that there is a solution if a student is willing to work harder, smarter, and more creatively;
- Belief that teachers must learn and influence social emotional strengths of all children in and out of the classroom;
- Desire to continually reflect and grow as an educator through professional development, peer feedback, and observation;
- Belief in a school community where students, families, teachers and school leaders demonstrate accountability, flexibility, humor, effort, responsibility, respect and hope.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- ESL Certification Required
- Bachelor’s Degree Required, Master’s preferred
- Two years’ teaching experience in an urban setting preferred
- Familiarity with WIDA frameworks preferred
- Native speaker or fluency in language other than English preferred
Neighborhood House Charter School is an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to provide equal opportunity for all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, age, disability, marital status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. Further, any form of discrimination or harassment related to these factors is expressly prohibited.