Fourth Grade Math and Science Teacher
Neighborhood House Charter School, a pre-K through Grade 8 public charter school in Dorchester, is looking for a 4th grade math/science teacher who will design and implement a rigorous and engaging standards-based curriculum that integrates content knowledge, 21st century skills, and social emotional learning. The successful applicant will teach in a full-inclusion, heterogeneously-grouped classroom where s/he can continually inform and evaluate teaching and learning through the use of data and can collaborate as a constructive and contributing member of a high-performing team. S/he will serve as a compassionate and caring role model and mentor for students and a support for their families. We expect you will have proven mastery of your subject, a proven ability to manage a classroom, and knowledge of the stages of child development.
We require the following from our teachers:
- A passionate commitment to urban education;
- Belief that every child can be successful, no matter what their background;
- Belief that education and hard work are the keys to life success;
- Belief in two messages, simultaneously, in balance: “We love you” and “We have the highest expectations of you – and you can and will meet them”;
- Belief that the best learning happens through experiences that are both rich and structured;
- Belief that problems are hurdles, not roadblocks, and that there is a solution if a student is willing to work harder, smarter, and more creatively;
- Belief that teachers must learn and influence social emotional strengths of all children in and out of the classroom;
- Desire to continually reflect and grow as an educator through professional development, peer feedback, and observation;
- Belief in a school community where students, families, teachers and school leaders demonstrate accountability, flexibility, humor, effort, responsibility, respect and hope.
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Neighborhood House Charter School is an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to provide equal opportunity for all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, age, disability, marital status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. Further, any form of discrimination or harassment related to these factors is expressly prohibited.