Technology Teacher Grades Three through Eight
Neighborhood House Charter School, a pre-K through Grade 8 public charter school in Dorchester, has an immediate need for a Technology Teacher for grades three through eight who can design and implement an engaging curriculum integrating content knowledge with 21st century digital citizenship awareness in an urban school setting. Basic areas of responsibility include imparting the tenets of digital citizenship; teaching keyboarding skills and introducing and familiarizing students with MS Office Suite and other presentation software. Candidate must be able to gear their teaching to different grade levels and to connect with core subject area curriculum through collaboration with other teachers. Must have effective classroom management and interpersonal skills. In addition, candidates must possess the following: B.A. in an education-related subject area; minimum of one year teaching experience at the third-eighth grade level; proficiency with MS Office Suite and other modes of presentation, such as Prezi; experience with game-making software (such as Scratch) a plus. We require the following from our teachers:
- A passionate commitment to urban education;
- Belief that every child can be successful, no matter what their background;
- Belief that education and hard work are the keys to life success;
- Belief in two messages, simultaneously, in balance: “We love you” and “We have the highest expectations of you – and you can and will meet them”;
- Belief that the best learning happens through experiences that are both rich and structured;
- Belief that problems are hurdles, not roadblocks, and that there is a solution if a student is willing to work harder, smarter, and more creatively;
- Belief that teachers must learn and influence social emotional strengths of all children in and out of the classroom;
- Desire to continually reflect and grow as an educator through professional development, peer feedback, and observation;
- Belief in a school community where students, families, teachers and school leaders demonstrate accountability, flexibility, humor, effort, responsibility, respect and hope.
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Neighborhood House Charter School is an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to provide equal opportunity for all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, age, disability, marital status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. Further, any form of discrimination or harassment related to these factors is expressly prohibited.