Volunteering is a mandatory part of parents’ commitment to sending their child to NHCS. According to the Family Learning Contract, parents are required to volunteer five hours of their time per year.
There is a broad range of volunteer activities at NHCS so that every parent can find an opportunity that fits his/her schedule and interests. Parents can volunteer at different times during the day, at school or from home, with a group or independently, and on a regular basis or for a special event. If you volunteer during the school day, please sign in/out at reception so that your hours can be tracked.
Parents should arrange all volunteering with the school in advance. It is very important that parents do not disrupt the learning environment while volunteering at NHCS. If you have any questions about how to participate in your child’s classroom, please contact your child’s teacher or advisor first.
If you have any questions on how to volunteer please contact your child’s classroom teacher.
Some opportunities include the following:
- Attend Parent Council meetings
- Volunteer in the classroom
- Chaperone a class field trip
- Organize and assist in classroom fundraising
- Provide administrative support
- Support High School Placement program
- Serve as Library Helper
- Assist with annual Book Fair
- Volunteer to be a Room Parent
- Serve on the Hospitality Committee
- Organize and implement family events