At NHCS, we do not give up on kids. Our goal of preparing all of our scholars for college, career and life success is shared by every staff member and drives everything that happens in our school. All members of our school community share a common set of high expectations for scholar achievement and behavior.
NHCS Educators Are...
A supportive and inspiring professional growth environment
At NHCS, we know that without great educators, nothing else matters. We seek the very best educators and challenge them to get better through coaching and collaboration. We know that transforming scholars’ lives and changing the course of urban education is hard work, so we have systems and structures in place to make sure educators can focus on what is most important – their scholars’ learning and success.
Strong and effective leadership with a history of success
Joining our team means working in a school that serves as a laboratory for best practices in urban education, with leaders who have a 25-year history of proven academic results. Our leaders have transparent expectations and work relentlessly to support educators to meet them.
Consistent instructional and behavioral expectations
What we look for in an educator
- You believe that every child can be successful, no matter what their race, gender identity, ability, sexuality, economic status, and/or other circumstances;
- You are committed to cultivating anti-racist, culturally responsive, and restorative mindsets and practices;
- You believe in a Warm Demanding ethos: “We care about you” and “We have the highest expectations of you”; you can and will meet those expectations and be supported in the pursuit of them”;
- You believe that the best learning happens through experiences that are both engaging and academically challenging;
- You are committed to cultivating the social-emotional strengths of all scholars in and out of the classroom;
- You are motivated to continually grow as an educator through professional development, feedback, observation, and reflection;
- You thrive in a school community in which all members demonstrate accountability, flexibility, humor, effort, responsibility, respect, and hope.